Thursday 21 August 2008

Bobbin lace pillow and more


bobbin lace pillow
Originally uploaded by snowberrylime
Here is my great find from last Sunday on the Belgian flea market. It makes a little more sense if you read my last entry... I like lace, no secret there, nice, old, cotton or linen lace.... I also love antiques... plus I love trying out every possible technique textile arts have to offer. Well, and the combination of all of these led me to purchasing this beauty of a bobbin lace pillow. Going to the bobbin lace museum in Brussels and seeing demonstrations probably didn't help either. Originally I planned to renew the top fabric and actually use it, but it would be such a shaaaame..... :(
We'll see what happens, but isn't it also just the perfect decorative item? ;)

On other news I did lots of dyeing and am starting to accept the fact that there is lots of pink in my colour palette - who would have thought!?
I also tidied my fibre stash, which was a terribly bad idea - I couldn't quite believe how much there actually was and how many things I had deleted out of my mind. This includes knitting yarns - hopefully I will have time to knit a few jumpers this winter, it would help. :D

There was also a beautiful frontpage treasury on etsy today created by http://lisahopkins.etsy.com, which featured my tree bark silk yarn.

In general all my thoughts are currently related to some upcoming craft fairs, I have made some pretty organised plans (now putting them into practise is another thing... hehe) and ama lready busy knitting some things as well from smaller skeins which never made it into the shop. :)

4 comments:

Mytutorlist.com said...

I stopped by your shop today because I'm a devoted fan and was, as usual, wowed by all the wonderful yarns in your store. You have wonderful photography too.

I really must learn from you and make my store better too!

Have a great weekend!
Marie

Anonymous said...

Glückwunsch zu dem Klöppelkit! Ich bin selbst gerade auf der Suche nach so etwas.
Will unbedingt diesen Winter mit Klöppeln beginnen.
Erzähl mal bei Gelegenheit, ob und wie Du vorankommst. (Es gibt viele Anleitungen, auch im Internet.)
Schönen Sonntag wünscht
Schmollfisch Anna

Anonymous said...

So pretty! maybe one to display and one to use? Which would mean you would have to hunt down another. It would be such a shame to let it lay unused.

Snowberry and Lime said...

Thanks for your comments, I know it would be shame to leave it lying around, but at the same time it would be a shame to meddle with it... :)