Friday 2 May 2008

Alpacas in Switzerland


Alpacas in Switzerland
Originally uploaded by snowberrylime

Currently I am spending a prolonged weekend at my parents' place in Switzerland. Of course I also used the opportunity to stop by my local Alpaca farm and get myself some wool!

I also just heard that they are one of the biggest Alpaca farms in Europe, which makes me feel all warm and fuzzy... they are all so cute and the owners are always really nice. :)

Check them out here: http://www.alpacas-of-switzerland.com
It's the place where I get all my unprocessed Alpaca from, and judging from the choice I got this time, I assume there will be loads of hand processed Alpaca in my shop in the near-ish future. It all takes quite a bit of time, but creating a yarn from absolutely scratch is just a great feeling and I hope that whoever knits with these yarns or uses them in another way will feel it as well. :)

The picture below is of a cutie which just looks like a giraffe, I would have taken that one home immediately!

Awwwww..... and this one was still a baby in grey/rosewood brown and it was so shy! It barely dared looking around the tree.... :D

5 comments:

Weird said...

Alpacas are SO cute :-) I'd like one of them, too. Nice photos!

Best,
Weird

Melissa said...

They are soooo cute. :)

Authentic Fiction said...

OMG, I didn't know they come with spots!Thats so cute... pleeeeeeeeaaase take me with you the next time!

Teetante

Authentic Fiction said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
High Desert Diva said...

Very cute.

What a scenic location!