Tuesday 18 March 2008

Golden girl


Golden girl - ingredients
Originally uploaded by snowberrylime
Another work in progress of an art yarn.... handcarded rolags of wonderfully soft Merino and golden undyed Tussah silk. Additionally all the lovely trinkets you can see here: golden Lurex thread, ric rac and sequins in gold, copper and an interesting but hard to describe pale iridescent yellow. The yarn is now spun and just setting the twist right now, it turned out absolutely gorgeous and will be one of the first in my brand new 'Ultimate luxury' range, where I really go all out on fancy fibres and elegant combinations. :D

2 comments:

Healigan said...

Veronika: you are a real artist. My obsession is yarn-I don't get to knit up half of what I buy, but I know true beauty when i see it. I am used to mixing and blending arns and then adding the goodies after--i love your spun sequins and flowers, rikrak too. I look forward to checking up on you! (now onto your etsy store)

Snowberry and Lime said...

Thank you so much for your kind words!
Walking the fine line between craftsmanship and art can be tricky, but I do always try. :)