Sunday 2 March 2008

Beads and sequins


Beads and sequins
Originally uploaded by snowberrylime
Well, well, well.....
I went for some shopping and a ravelry knitting meet-up to Heidelberg and we went to this lovely shop which is sadly closing down. I managed to get some really great beads and sequins which I am sure to find a good use in a yarn for.
In the front are some absolutely stunning real mother of pearl thick but tiny beads.

Yesterday I also got lots of tweed and other wool fabrics, we'll see if they end up being bags or yarns. :P

4 comments:

Urd said...

I have to remember to visit that shop before they close down completely. There's another one quite like it nearby, but I like the other one better.
I have often looked at those nice mother of pearl beads and couldn't think of anything I could do with them - but that was before I started spinning art yarns.

Urd

Snowberry and Lime said...

yeah, I want to go just before they really close and hover up the remaining beads. :D
I know the other one, but at the first one I like that they have all these art materials down stairs as well!

Spinning is a great hobby to use up all these little trinkets and beads. :)

Elemmaciltur said...

That's great that you got to meet up with other knitters/ravelrers around the area!

Snowberry and Lime said...

Oh I know, I never thought it would ever happen!! But to my surprise there is a whole bunch of really nice spinners in the area!